A comprehensive dental exam is performed at your initial dental visit. X-Rays are taken, a full examination is performed, and then depending on your requirements we will suggest a treatment plan.
At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
- Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus: Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce poisons)that inflame the gums.
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque
Fluoride is the most effective agent available to help prevent tooth decay. We may recommend the use of home and/or professional fluoride treatments for the following reasons:
- Deep pits and fissures on the chewing surfaces of teeth.
- Exposed and sensitive root surfaces.
- Fair to poor oral hygiene habits.
- Frequent sugar and carbohydrate intake.
It is important to brush at least twice a day, floss regularly, eat balanced meals, reduce sugary snacks, and visit your dentist on a regular basis. Fluoride alone will not prevent tooth decay!
A List of Procedures we offer includes:
- Dental Exams & Cleanings
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Composite Fillings
- Porcelain Crowns (Caps)
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges
- Porcelain Veneers
- Tooth Whitening
- Dental Implants
- Composite Fillings
- Crowns (Caps)
- Dentures & Partial Dentures
- Fixed Bridges
Now Offering Teeth Whitening
We offer professional in office whitening
There may be plenty of reasons that you want to get your teeth whitened; that beautiful confident smile? Let Vista Village Family Dentistry help you.
The American Dental Association recommends a dental checkup before undergoing any whitening method. Dr. Irani examines you thoroughly, takes a health and dental history (including allergies and sensitivities).
Military Personnel Welcome
To help meet the demands of the challenging lifestyle that our military families experience every day, Vista Village Family Dentistry offers the finest Dental Services available in North County and San Diego County. We are located just east of Oceanside, off Hwy 78 and offer both pediatric and adult dental services. We specialize in handling every aspect of military insurance claims, and can help you select the right treatments to minimize co-pay cost.